The UM College of Pharmacy has a full-time opening for a research fellow in its Pharmacokinetics Core Facility. The successful candidate will independently perform the following routine studies:
- microsomal stability testing using LC-MS;
- metabolite identification using LC-MS/MS in microsomal incubation and in vivo biological matrix;
- quantitative LC-MS analysis of compounds in biological matrix of preclinical and clinical samples;
- animal dosing (oral and IV) in mice and rats, bleeding, tissue collection;
- preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic analysis;
- dissolution testing of drug formulations;
- clinical biological sample preparation including plasma and biological fluids; and
- independent preparation of study reports.
- PhD degree (with 0-3 years experience) in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, or related field.
- LC-MS skill, knowledge, and experience for small molecules are required.
- The candidate should be a good team player with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point; WinNonlin or other pharmacokinetic software
- Knowledge and experience in metabolite identification and pharmacokinetics are preferred.
- Imaging mass spectrometry, including sample preparation, data acquisition and data analysis. Experience working with high resolving power instruments is a plus.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Please contact Amit Pai, firstname.lastname@example.org, to apply.