The University of Michigan College of Pharmacy has a full-time opening for a research fellow in its Pharmacokinetics and Mass Spectrometry Core Facility (PKMS, www.pkcore.org). PKMS is a shared core resource facility in UM, and serves the scientific research community at UM and beyond.
The successful candidate will independently perform the following routine studies and research studies:
- microsomal stability testing using LC-MS;
- metabolite identification using LC-MS/MS in microsomal incubation and in vivo biological matrix;
- quantitative LC-MS analysis of compounds in biological matrix of preclinical and clinical samples;
- preclinical and clinical pharmacokinetic analysis;
- dissolution testing of drug formulations;
- clinical biological sample preparation including plasma and biological fluids;
- mass spectrometry imaging of small molecules from tissue samples;
- targeted metabolomics studies for routine quantitation of well characterized metabolite, or untargeted metabolomics to discover biomarkers.
- independent preparation of study reports.
- PhD degree (with 0-3 years experience) in analytical chemistry, pharmaceutical sciences, pharmacology, or related field.
- LC-MS skill, knowledge, and experience for small molecules are required.
- Hands on experience with triple quad mass spectrometry.
- The candidate should be a good team player with strong oral and written communication skills.
- Computer skills: Microsoft Word, Excel, and Power Point.
- Ability to work closely with others in a small team setting.
- Knowledge and experience in metabolite identification and pharmacokinetics are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in high resolution mass spectrometry, metabolomics, lipidomics and proteomics are preferred.
- Knowledge and experience in mass spectrometry imaging with MALDI, DESI and high resolution mass spectrometry is a plus.
How to Apply
A cover letter is required for consideration for this position and should be attached as the first page of your resume. The cover letter should address your specific interest in the position and outline skills and experience that directly relate to this position. Please contact Bo Wen, firstname.lastname@example.org, to apply.