Frequently Asked Questions
- If I am in the Pharmacy Scholars Program, will I have the opportunity to take the PCAT at the end of the program?
No, as the PCAT is not offered during the time of the program. The first PCAT exam date is usually scheduled for mid-July.
- What might a typical day be like for the Pharmacy Scholars Program?
A typical day consists of test preparatory courses, speaker presentations, and workshops. Participants are in session from 8 AM to 5 PM, Monday through Friday.
- Will I have to live in the residence hall for the duration of the program, even if I live close to the College of Pharmacy?
Yes, all program participants are required to live in the residence hall for the duration of the program.
- Do I have to remain at the program for the full length of time? What happens if I need to start late or leave early?
It is the responsibility of program participants to ensure that there are no scheduling conflicts during the Pharmacy Scholars Program. Exceptions are rarely made for a participant to begin the program late or leave the program early.
- How close is the College of Pharmacy to the residence hall?
The College of Pharmacy is about a 10-12 minute walk from the residence halls.
- What does the stipend cover?
The stipend covers your housing, meals, and living expenses during the program. It is your responsibility to budget your money according to your needs during that time.
- Do we receive a meal plan?
Yes. Meal plans are provided for each student through the dining hall. This includes three meals per day.