- The deadline for applications for admission to Fall Term 2020 PhD Program in Medicinal Chemistry was December 1, 2019. We are no longer accepting applications for that term.
- The Fall Term 2021 application will be available online in mid-September of 2020, with a deadline of December 1, 2020.
- Applications are only accepted for Fall Term admission.
- Admissions are only for a PhD Program. At present, we do not offer a Masters Program.
- IMPORTANT INFORMATION: Beginning September 1, 2019, the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for applicants to the PhD Program in the Department of Medicinal Chemistry.
Please click here for the requirements and procedure for applying for admission to the Medicinal Chemistry PhD program.
These documents are required for application to our PhD programs and are due, with your online application, by the deadline.
Any delay in submission of required documents by the applicant, will result in a delay of application review by the admissions committee.
Please follow the instructions on the admissions requirements page for submitting the required supporting materials directly to the Rackham Graduate School.
Beginning September 1, 2019, the Graduate Record Exam (GRE) is not required for applicants to the PhD Program in the Department of Medicinal Chemistry.
It should be noted that the department does not accept applications to do PhD work with specific faculty. The normal process is to apply to the Medicinal Chemistry Program through the Rackham Graduate School (as described on the admissions page). Your application will then be considered, along with all other applications that we will receive. Decision notification letters are sent out throughout the review process starting after December 15, with the final letters sent by April. During their first year, our students perform two research rotations in labs of Medicinal Chemistry faculty. At the end of the winter term, they are then matched with a faculty member who will mentor them through their PhD studies.
Questions? Please e-mail COP-MedChemApps@med.umich.edu