Message from the Dean
U.S. News & World Report ranked the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy among the best in the nation.
While such surveys are limited in scope and utility, they do offer general insights on how our peers perceive our educational program.
What sets a Michigan Pharmacy education apart from the crowd?
- Since 1876, an internationally recognized leader in pharmacy education and research;
- A relatively small enrollment of approximately 85 PharmD students per class and about 22 PhD admissions annually who benefit from the educational advantages of belonging to a close-knit community, yet still have access to the resource riches of a world-renowned University and health system;
- Basic, clinical, and social science faculty whose research discoveries are felt from the corner pharmacy, to corporate boardrooms, to leading pharmaceutical and biotechnology laboratories around the globe;
- A large and diverse clinical faculty pioneering patient care concepts that are literally redefining pharmacy practice in every imaginable setting;
- Far-reaching initiatives with University, state, national, and international scientific and business organizations committed to speeding new medication therapies from bench to bedside;
- Talented students destined to be the standard bearers for pharmacy practice, research, and service excellence for decades to come;
- An influential network of loyal alumni whose ingenuity and passion for excellence has made a Michigan Pharmacy degree synonymous with professional and scientific achievement of the highest order;
- A student financial support package that is second to none. If you are considering a career in pharmacy, the pharmaceutical industry, or other health or science related organization, you will not find a better place to start your career than at the University of Michigan.
But don’t just take our word for it. Here’s what the Accreditation Council for Pharmacy Education (ACPE) recently concluded after an exhaustive, on-site evaluation of our College:
“The University of Michigan College of Pharmacy truly demonstrates a commitment to excellence in all areas, and is ... recognized as a leader nationally and internationally in professional, graduate, and post-doctoral education, in the discovery and dissemination of new knowledge through sponsored research and scholarship, and in the development and implementation of innovations in pharmacy practice that have had significant impact on the quality of patient care.”
To learn how we can help you reach your dream career, call us at (734) 764-7312;
or email us at firstname.lastname@example.org to arrange a personal visit.
James T. Dalton,
Dean, University of Michigan College of Pharmacy