The Interview Day
Each prospective student invited to an interview at UM is matched with a “contact” or current UM-COP student prior to the interview day. This contact can answer any questions you may have and will hopefully be a valuable resource. E-mail your contact as necessary throughout the application process.
OVERVIEW (8:30am - 4:00pm) *tentative schedule
Welcome to UM-COP with Admissions Director: 8:30 am - 9:30 am
Interviews: 9:30am - 11:00am
There will be (2) 35 minute interviews including:
- Faculty member. Adjunct faculty member, Resident, or alumnus
- Student pharmacist
Student Portion: 11:00am - 1:00pm
-Lunch at Pizza House (includes vegetarian options) or another on campus venue
Class observation: 1:00pm – 2:00pm (Varies by semester)
- Pharmacy class
Hospital Tour: 2:00pm - 3:00pm
Wrap up: 3:30pm - 4:00pm
INTERVIEW DAY TIPS
1. Bring a light snack. It is a packed itinerary and you may find yourself getting hungry along the way. Also, the great discussions may have you feeling a little thirsty throughout the interview so make sure you have something to drink- we will provide bottled water at the interview. The College of Pharmacy will also be providing lunch later in the day to be enjoyed with a group of current students. The lunch location will be Glass House.
Note: The interactions with students at this stage do not officially impact the admissions decision. It strictly provides students with the time to ask questions about anything and everything and receive an honest answer to their inquiry.
2. Do your homework. Research the school so that you know how their interests and priorities compare with yours.
3. Similarly to Tip #2, be prepared with questions about anything and everything. You should be excited to learn as much about us as we are about you.
4. Ladies, you may choose to bring a different pair of shoes to walk around the campus on a short tour (optional).
5. Be mindful of the weather; Interviews occur during the fall, winter, and early spring seasons of Michigan. Check the weather the day before your interview. Hats, gloves, and coats are ideal in December, January, and February.
6. If driving, the parking structure on South Forest (650 S Forest Ave, Ann Arbor, MI 48104) offers prospective students a place to park. Regrettably, the Church parking structure is only available for use by students/faculty/staff with an appropriate parking pass.
7. Be early by 10 minutes.