The focus groups of HSP-UM aim to host events to educate members about various specialties within clinical pharmacy practice. Focus groups are chosen each year based on member interest, and a student member leads the planning of focus group events. Examples of such events are pharmacist panels, round-table events, and journal clubs. All events give members more information about a particular specialty and educate them on paths to become specialists in these areas. These events would not be possible without the support and participation of current pharmacists and residents who donate their time to educate our members.
2020-2021 Focus Groups
- October: Psychiatry, led by Ivy Lin (linchenc)
- November: Transplant, led by Madeleine Davies (mjdavies)
- January: Informatics, led by Rachel Kuo (krachel)
- February: ED/Critical Care, led by Christina Tang (chritang)
- March: Pharmacy Administration, led by Wilson Chen (wilschen)