2022 PharmD Commencement
The 2022 U-M College of Pharmacy PharmD Commencement Ceremony will be held in person and live streamed.
- Commencement Speaker
President, American Pharmacists Association
Vice President, Collaborative Innovation and Clinical Strategy, Aetna, a CVS Health Company
Sandra Leal, PharmD, MPH, FAPhA is the 166th President of the American Pharmacists Association and Vice President of Collaborative Innovation and Clinical Strategy for Aetna, a CVS Health Company. Dr. Leal has had diverse experience as a pharmacist, medical director, public health clinician, and as a board member for various groups including the National Center for Farmworker Health.
Dr. Leal received her PharmD from the University of Colorado and her MPH in Public Health Practice from the University of Massachusetts. Dr. Leal completed her residency at the Southern Arizona VA Health Care System and a Primary Health Care Policy Fellowship with the Department of Health and Human Services.
She has published and presented her work in numerous national and international publications and venues. She has been recognized as the Good Government Pharmacist of the Year by the American Pharmacists Association (APhA) for her advocacy work on pharmacist provider status. Dr. Leal is a two-time recipient of the Pinnacle Award from the APhA Foundation for her progressive practice innovations and received the ASHP Best Practice Award for her leading practice in diabetes management.
Two themes that govern Dr. Leal’s professional life are a passion to eliminate barriers to care and to improve access and outcomes for patients. Dr. Leal has led efforts on both local and national levels to integrate pharmacy, public health, and advocacy to improve the healthcare system and to reduce health inequity.
- Event Day Information
- Please plan to arrive early.
- Please turn off all cell phones.
- Commencement will start at 2:00 pm.
- Line up in alpha order.
- First person of the row enters and moves all the way to the far side of the row.
- Each row follows in turn.
Oath of a Pharmacist:
- Class representative will instruct you to speak loudly and in UNISON.
Hooding of the Graduates:
- Faculty Marshal will lead first student from seat to stage, entire row follows.
- Each row will rise and process to the stage. The faculty marshal will release you to enter the stage as your name is called.
- Stand on the X in front of the Associate Deans to be hooded.
- Walk to the DEAN and shake hands (photo will be taken).
- Walk to the Faculty Marshal for Certificate (for photo purposes only).
- When you return to your original seat....PLEASE BE SEATED IMMEDIATELY.
- Group photo will be taken on the steps of Rackham immediately following the ceremony.
- Please return rentals gowns, hood, and tams to the 2nd floor before leaving Rackham.
- Pick up envelope with graduation materials at the same time.
- Ann Arbor Travel
The Commencement Ceremony is being held at Rackham Auditorium.
Address: 915 E. Washington Street Ann Arbor, MI 48109
Detroit International Airport (DTW) is the airport nearest Ann Arbor. Travel time from DTW to Ann Arbor is approximately 25 minutes.
DRIVING DIRECTIONS (to Rackham)
A complete list of driving directions can be found at: http://www.rackham.umich.edu/rackham_building/driving_directions/
Parking is available in the city structures: Maynard (324 Maynard St), Washington (215 Washington Street), Liberty (510 E. Washington) and Forest (650 S. Forest)
The gates to the Thayer (216 S. Thayer Street), Fletcher, Hill (201 Fletcher Street), Thompson (500 Thompson St) and Palmer-Blue Area (200 Washtenaw Avenue) structures will be opened at 10 a.m. for commencement guests. Parking enforcement in these areas will be suspended from 10 a.m. to the end of posted enforcement hours. Even though enforcement is suspended, we encourage guests not to park in any specialty signed spaces (Gold, UM Business, Service Vehicle, etc. The campus parking structures fill to capacity during the business days.
A complete list of restaurants in the Ann Arbor area can be found at: http://www.visitannarbor.org/dining
- Ann Arbor Travel - Accommodations
Holiday Inn North
3600 Plymouth Road
Ann Arbor, MI 48105
300 South Thayer
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Graduate Ann Arbor
615 East Huron Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
Residence Inn Ann Arbor Downtown
120 West Huron Street
Ann Arbor, MI 48104
A complete list of accommodations in the Ann Arbor area can be found at: http://www.visitannarbor.org/accommodations/hotels
Will guests need to bring the commencement announcements to get into Rackham?
No. Guests will not need to bring anything to enter.
Is there a limit of guests we can invite?
Currently there is no limit of how many guests can be invited.
- Health and Safety Protocols