Why PhD at Michigan?
The fact that our PhD graduates continue to find intellectually challenging, well-paying careers in transformative basic and applied science areas, year after year, is evidence that a graduate degree from the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy retains its star status.
What sets a Michigan PhD education apart from the crowd?
- Over 130-year legacy as an internationally recognized leader in pharmaceutical science-related education, research, and service to humankind;
- A relatively small enrollment of about 100 PhD students who benefit from the educational advantages of belonging to a close-knit community with ready access to the resource riches of a world-renowned University and Health System;
- A multidisciplinary teaching and research faculty whose pioneering explorations into drug design and delivery are redefining pharmaceutical care around the nation and the world;
- Far-reaching initiatives with University, state, national, and international scientific and business organizations committed to speeding new medication therapies from bench to bedside;
- Talented students destined to be the standard bearers for pharmaceutical research excellence for decades to come;
- An influential network of loyal alumni whose ingenuity and passion for excellence has made a Michigan PhD degree synonymous with professional and scientific achievement of the highest order;
- A student financial support package that is competitive with the best.
If you are considering a career in the pharmaceutical or biotechnology industries, higher education, or government-based research centers, you will not find a better place to start your career than at the University of Michigan.