Pharmacy practice is an indispensable part of modern health care, and the demand for well-trained pharmacists is projected to grow well into the 21st century.
Contributing to this demand are:
- Increases in life expectancy and with it increased incidence of chronic and age-related diseases
- The growing number and sophistication of medications and related products and devices
- Greater emphasis on primary and preventive health services, home healthcare, and long-term care
- Concerns about improving patients’ access to healthcare, while controlling costs and assuring quality.
The larger role for pharmaceutical solutions points to a bright future for pharmacists.
For more information on why pharmacy is the right choice for you, visit these websites provided by the
American Association of Colleges of Pharmacy (AACP):
- Is Pharmacy for You?
- Why Pharmacy?
- Prescription for a Rewarding Career
- Pharmacy is Right For Me campaign