Careers in Pharmacy
Your University of Michigan PharmD education will prepare you to pursue any career path you choose.
Here you see initial placement statistics for our most recent PharmD Class.
What this graphic doesn’t show is where our graduates are working a few years after the initial poll is taken — and the answer is: Everywhere. Such is the value of a University of Michigan College of Pharmacy degree.
While many of our PharmD graduates remain with their original career choice, many others leverage their Michigan PharmD training to pursue alternative careers in:
- Higher education
- Government agencies (e.g., FDA, NIH, Public Health Service)
- Pharmaceutical and biotechnology companies
- Hospice and home care
- Marketing and advertising
- General and specialized hospital and institutional practice
- Long-term care or consulting pharmacy
- Managed care
- Medical and scientific publishing
- Professional associations
- Entrepreneurial ventures
- And many other exciting career paths.
To find more information about specific pharmacy career paths, see AACP