Preferred Admission Program with Grand Valley State University (GVSU)
The University of Michigan College of Pharmacy and GVSU in Grand Rapids, Mich., offer motivated GVSU students a streamlined admissions path to Michigan’s PharmD program. Each year, up to eight incoming GVSU freshmen will be granted conditional assurance of admission to the U-M PharmD program. (Any number of GVSU students may apply for admission to the U-M PharmD program each year, however, only eight will be admitted annually through the preferred admission option.)
Upon acceptance into the College’s preferred admission program, GVSU students must earn their bachelor’s degree(s) from GVSU.
To keep their preferred admission status, GVSU students must:
- Complete required pre-pharmacy coursework at GVSU;
- Maintain a GPA of 3.0 or better for all courses;
- Consult, on a pre-determined basis, with a GVSU pre-professional advisor;
- Demonstrate community service and/or extracurricular involvement;
- Obtain direct experience in the delivery of health care by completing a minimum of one year of experience (paid or volunteer) in a patient-care setting;
- Maintain a rigorous academic course load (14-16 credits) per semester; and
- Apply to Michigan’s PharmD program via PharmCAS.