John Clark, PharmD
John Clark teaches, practices, and researches in the area of pharmacy practice management and leadership. He is the director of the Department of Pharmacy Services at University of Michigan Hospitals and Health Centers and clinical assistant professor in the U-M College of Pharmacy. Additionally, Clark is the PGY-1 pharmacy residency director. He is responsible for precepting pharmacy students and residents in pharmacy practice management and leadership.
Pharmacy residency training
Pharmacy staffing models
Joint Commission readiness
Documentation and acceptance of pharmacists’ clinical interventions
Use of technology to improve patient care
- 2021 MSHP Pharmacist of the Year, Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists (MSHP)
- 2021 ASHP Foundation Literature Award, American Society of Health System Pharmacists Foundation
- 2018 University of Toledo College of Pharmacy Distinguished Alumnus Award, University of Toledo College of Pharmacy
- 2014 Phi Lamdba Sigma - Delta Kappa Chapter Alumni of the Year, Phi Lambda Sigma
- 2012 Joseph A. Oddis Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists Leadership Award, MSHP
- 2012 Fellow of the American Society of Health-System Pharmacists, ASHP
- 2010 ASHP Pharmacy Residency Excellence Award Ð University of Michigan PGY-1 Program, ASHP
- 2006 ASHP Best Practice Award Ð Johns Hopkins Hospital ChildrenÕs Center, ASHP
Tichy EM, Hoffman JM, Suda KJ, Rim MH, Tadrous M, Cuellar S, Clark JS, Wiest MD, Matusiak LM, Schumock GT. Predicting future drug expenditures and projections for 2021. Amer J Health-System Pharm. 2021;78:1294-1308.
Jones AM, Deloney SP, Clark JS. Survey of health-system leadership pathways: A 10 year revisit. Journal of Pharmacy Practice. 2021 Jan 5 DOI: 10.1177/0897190020986094
Pasternak AL, Ward KM, Ateya MB, Choe HM, Thompson AN, Clark JS, Ellingrod V. Establishment of a pharmacogenomic service focused on optimizing existing pharmacogenomic testing at a large academic medical center. J. Pers. Med. 2020;10;154.
Clark JS, Tharp JC, Patel D, Desmarais A. Compounding facilities assessment and planning: A focus on USP <797> and USP <800>. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2020;77:1910-1913.
Chaffee BW, Tharp JC, Clark JS, Kent . A compounding compliance team at an academic medical center. Am J Health-System Pharm. 2020;77:882-891