Burgunda Sweet, PharmD
Dr. Sweet is the Director of Curriculum Assessment and a Clinical Professor in the Department of Clinical Pharmacy at the University of Michigan College of Pharmacy, and a Clinical Pharmacist for the University of Michigan Health System. She is nationally known for her work in the area of formulary management and drug information. Her responsibilities include directing assessment activities for the PharmD program, chairing the Curriculum and Assessment Committee, serving as the lead faculty for the evidence-based medicine thread in the curriculum, and participating in formulary management activities at the health system.
Teaching effectiveness and curriculum assessment
Medication use policy
- 2017 Best SAS Publication Award for the Scholarship of Teaching and Learning, AACP
- 2017 ACPE Certified Site Visitor, ACPE
- 2017 Teaching Excellence Award, College of Pharmacy
- 2015 Michigan World Class Video Production, UM Provost Office
- 2015 Provost's Teaching Innovation Prize, UM Provost
- 2013 Teaching Excellence Award, UM College of Pharmacy
- 2011 Innovative Response to Public Health Challenges, US Pharmacopeia
- 2011 Professional Practice Award, Michigan Society of Health-System Pharmacists
- 2007 Fellow, American Society Health-System Pharmacists (FASHP)
Kaakeh R, Sweet BV, Reilly C, Bush C, DeLoach S, Higgins B, Clark A, Stevenson J. Impact of drug shortages on US health systems. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2011;68:1811-9.
Sweet BV, Schwemm AK, Parsons DM. Review of the processes for FDA oversight of drugs, medical devices, and combination products. J Manag Care Pharm. 2011;17:40-50.
Sweet BV, Tamer HR, Siden R, McCreadie SR, McGregory M, Benner T, Tankanow R. Improving investigational drug service operations through development of an innovative computer system. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2008;65:969-73.
Saad AH, Sweet BV, Stumpf JL, Gruppen L, Oh M, Stevenson JG. Pharmacist recognition of and adherence to medication-use policies and safety practices. Am J Health-Syst Pharm. 2007;64:2050-4.