James Dalton, PhD
College of Pharmacy
428 Church St
Ann Arbor, MI 48109-1065
James T. Dalton became Dean and Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the College in September 2014. He previously served as Assistant and Associate Professor of Pharmaceutical Sciences in the College of Pharmacy at the University of Tennessee (1992-2000), Associate Professor, Professor and Chair in the Division of Pharmaceutics in the College of Pharmacy at The Ohio State University (2000-2008), and Vice President of Preclinical Research and Development and Chief Scientific Officer at GTx, Inc. (2005-2014).
Drug metabolism and pharmacogenomics, with an emphasis on selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs) and novel anti-cancer agents
- 1997 Student Government Association Executive Council (SGAEC) Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2000 Student Government Association Executive Council (SGAEC) Excellence in Teaching Award
- 2002 AAPS Meritorious Manuscript Award, Pharmaceutical Research, 17(7) 803-810, 2000. Outstanding manuscript published in journal in 2000.
- 2006 Fellow of the American Association of Pharmaceutical Scientists
- 2011 Jack L. Beal Post-Baccalaureate Alumni Award
Dobs AS, Boccia RV, Croot CC, Gabrail NY, Dalton JT, Hancock ML, Johnston MA, Steiner MS Effects of enobosarm on muscle wasting and physical function in patients with cancer: a double-blind, randomised controlled phase 2 trial. Lancet Oncology. 14 (4): 335-45, 2013 PMID:23499390
Phelps MA, Lin TS, Johnson AJ, Hurh E, Rozewski DM, Farley KL, Wu D, Blum KA, Fischer B, Mitchell SM, Moran ME, Brooker-McEldowney M, Heerema NA, Jarjoura D, Schaaf LJ, Byrd JC, Grever MR, Dalton JT. Clinical response and pharmacokinetics from a phase 1 study of an active dosing schedule of flavopiridol in relapsed chronic lymphocytic leukemia. Blood, 113(12):2637-45, 2009. PMID: 18981292
Bohl CE, Gao W, Miller DD, Bell CE, Dalton JT. Structural Basis for Antagonism and Resistance of Bicalutamide in Prostate Cancer. Proc Natl Acad Sci U S A. 102(17): 6201-6206, 2005.
Dalton JT, Mukherjee A, Zhu Z, Kirkovsky L, and Miller DD. Discovery of Nonsteroidal Androgens. Biochemical and Biophysical Research Communications, 244(1):1-4, 1998.
Kidd R, Blaisdell J, Straughn A, Meyer MC, Goldstein J, and Dalton JT. Pharmacokinetics of Phenytoin, Glipizide and Nifedipine in a Homozygous CYP2C9-Leu 359 Individual. Pharmacogenetics, 9:71-80, 1999.
- Jeffrey Crawford; Carla M M Prado; Mary Ann Johnston; Richard J. Gralla; Ryan P. Taylor; Michael L. Hancock; James T. Dalton Study Design and Rationale for the Phase 3 Clinical Development Program of Enobosarm, a Selective Androgen Receptor Modulator, for the Prevention and Treatment of Muscle Wasting in Cancer Patients (POWER Trials). Current Oncology Reports. 2016;18(6):
- Ramesh Narayanan; James T. Dalton Androgen receptor. Cancers. 2016;8(12):
- Christopher C. Coss; Amanda Jones; James T. Dalton Pharmacokinetic drug interactions of the selective androgen receptor modulator GTx-024(Enobosarm) with itraconazole, rifampin, probenecid, celecoxib and rosuvastatin. Investigational New Drugs. 2016;34(4):458-467
- Evan Y. Yu; Robert H. Getzenberg; Christopher C. Coss; Marc M. Gittelman; Thomas Keane; Ronald Tutrone; Laurence Belkoff; Robert Given; Joel Bass; Franklin Chu; Michael Gambla; Franklin Gaylis; James Bailen; Michael L. Hancock; Jordan Smith; James T. Dalton; Mitchell S. Steiner Selective estrogen receptor alpha agonist GTx-758 decreases testosterone with reduced side effects of androgen deprivation therapy in men with advanced prostate cancer. European Urology. 2015;67(2):334-341
- Ramesh Narayanan; James T. Dalton Selective estrogen receptor modulators (SERMs) and selective androgen receptor modulators (SARMs). . 2015;():205-227